Key account management, global account management, and strategic account management training. Professional training for those with responsibility for sales to major accounts.
Most companies depend on repeat business from important customers to maintain business health.
Key account management becomes a critical function when success and sometimes survival depends on regular high value orders from strategic accounts.
Key Account Managers must do more than service an account to realise a good return on the long term investment in major account relationships. They must establish regular communication with those who make executive decisions.
In addition to establishing trusted advisor status with key executives, they must develop and maintain a perception of strategic value. Otherwise, sooner or later the business will be lost to a competitor or eliminated by an unexpected executive decision.
- Extend customer business understanding
- Establish high level trusted advisor status
- Understand customer politics and organisational dynamics
- Learn to predict organisational change
- Expand relationships across divisional and departmental boundaries
- Improve team communication and reduce or eliminate mistakes
- Establish or develop strategic partner status
- Increase certainty and forecast accuracy
- Maximise share of mind, sales revenue, and profit
- Anticipate and counter the efforts of competitors
- Reduce sales cycle times
Key Account Management helps account managers maximise sales opportunities and protect business from competitors.
Throughout the course, participants apply principles and methods to real account situations and develop a unique account plan that guides ongoing use of learning in the workplace.
Learn new ways to maximise customer benefits, address all the possible business, keep competitors out, and gather invaluable feedback. Establish personal status as a trusted advisor and organisation status as that of strategic partner.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced key account managers (also referred to as global account managers, strategic account managers, and major account managers) and people in their support team. Others who regularly participate in key account sales including line managers, bid team members, marketing, and technical staff.
- Flexible multi session 'learning by doing' structured training
- Workplace assignments develop new habits and practices
- Tools, templates, frameworks, and examples save time and aid learning
- Common language improves communication and teamwork
- Promotes adoption of 'best practice' habits and methods
- Increases sales productivity, consistency, and results
- Improves job satisfaction and motivation
- Reduces staff turnover
- Self Led - We provide access to the course presentation, tools, templates, and other resources and arrange a single one hour session with a SalesSense coach. The session serves as a guide to self-led learning and use of the tools in the real world.
- One to One - Individuals participate through a series of one-to-one online coaching sessions. Participants can be anywhere in the world providing there is a good internet connection and they have an access device such as a laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone. Sessions last one hour and continue until the participant is satisfied with his or her progress.
- Virtual Classroom - People from the same team or organisation can gather in one room or join from any location and participate in an online virtual classroom. Groups in the same room can get the benefits of a classroom environment by using a data projector or sceen to view the virtual session. Participants can be anywhere in the world with access to the internet.
- Traditional Classroom - The programme delivery takes place over one or more days at a conference venue or at the customers offices. This is effective for three or more participants.
Use this link for more information or to have us call you.
Licensing and train the trainer options enable self delivery. To find out more, call or use the links below. Associate and Affiliate representation welcomed. To promote or deliver this course, get in touch directly.
If you need to develop key account management skills, protect major account business, or strengthen strategic partner status, this course delivers. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500. We will be pleased to discuss your needs or talk through some options. Alternatively Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.